Time and Location
Davis Veterans Memorial Center
203 E 14th St, Davis, CA 95616
Saturday, May 20, 2017 5:00 AM to Sunday, May 21, 2017 1:00 AM (PDT)
Registration Price February 1 to April 30:
Double Century: $110/person
100 and 43 mile: $50/person
Late Registration Price May 1 to May 14:
Double Century: $150/person
100 and 43 mile: $55/person
After Online Registration Closes:
Double Century: $175/person
100 and 43 mile: $75/person
Pre-ride check-in is on Friday, May 19, 2017 at 5:00 PM
A Double Century jersey can be purchased from Voler.com directly. Purchase Jersey Here
The Davis Double is one of the oldest double centuries in California. It is also the most popular double century in the California Triple Crown.
The Davis Double is considered an ideal first double century. There is no "death", "terrible", "monster", "devil", or "heartbreak" in this ride. What really sets the Davis Double apart from other rides, for first-time as well as more experienced long-distance riders, is the level of support we give our riders. There are nine rest stops in addition to a lunch stop, and multiple SAG vehicles patrol the entire course. As for difficulty, there is about 8,000 feet of climbing with a few longer climbs. Nearly all of the climbing is under 10%, primarily in the 6-8% range, and the climbing ends well before Mile 150. There is also a four-mile section of hard-pack dirt road around Mile 100 in Big Canyon. The hard-pack section of the ride is a gradual climb with a few gentle rollers.
CHECK-IN: Friday, May 19, or at Start/Finish between 5:00 and 8:00 PM
Saturday, May 20, Ride day check-in opens at 4:45 AM.
All Double Century riders must be on the course by 5:15 am. The ride closes at 1:00 am, Sunday May 21th.
100 Mile Ride
New to the event in 2017 is an optional 100 mile ride. The 100 mile ride proceeds along the Double Century route to the first rest stop. There the 100 mile ride diverts from the Double route to a turn around point where a connection with the Double Century return route is and follows along to the start/finish location. This is not a short cut option for the 200 mile riders.
CHECK-IN: 100 mile ride day check-in closes at 2:00 PM.
43 Mile Ride
Also new to the 2017 event is a flat 43 mile loop for family, friends and others. The route switches to the Double Century return route at the first rest stop and then returns to the start/finish location.
CHECK-IN: 43 mile ride day check-in closes at 2:00 PM.
Ride Start Location
All ride distances start at the Davis Veterans Memorial Center (corner of 14th and B Streets). For the Double Century, after leaving town, the first part of the ride runs through flat farmland in the Central Valley toward Esparto before heading south to Winters. The route then climbs over Lake Berryessa and runs north through the hills in east Napa County to Middletown and Lower Lake in Lake County for lunch. After a long climb up to Resurrection at the Lake/Yolo county border, the road descends through Cache Creek Canyon and Capay Valley back to the Central Valley farmland and the finish at the Davis Veterans Memorial Center in Davis.
What's New in 2017?
We have made a few changes this year. Please take a moment to look over these changes before registering.
- Optional 100 and 43 mile distances for family and friends
- Pre-ride check in and t-shirt pickup will be at Veterans Memorial Center at the intersection of 14th and B Streets
- The Start/Finish will be at Veterans Memorial Center
- There will be parking in a lot adjacent to the Start/Finish and on the streets nearby
- The outbound course will revert to its previous route (to Esparto, the south to Winters)
- Rest Stop 1 and 8 (Esparto) will be at Forbes Ranch, about .5 miles south of the old rest stop at Farnham Ranch
- Lights are required on all bikes doing the Double Century or out in the dark.
Starting in 2013, we made some a few changes to the course and format of the Davis Double. Please take a moment to look over these changes before registering.
- The route may change every year. Make sure you review the route map thouroughly before you start the ride. Don't depend on your memory from prior years.
- The route has four miles of hard-packed dirt road through Big Canyon in Lake County. Be prepared to adjust your riding style and speed to the uneven surface.
- You will receive your rider number when you check in for the ride. We no longer mail them beforehand.
- The location of some rest stops has changed and some rest stops have different hours.
- All finishers will be logged automatically (via RFID chip); no need to check in post-ride.
Complete information is available for download by registered riders. Please make sure to read the packet even if you've ridden the Davis Double in the past to make sure you understand the route and the rest stop locations.
- What is the cost?
- $110/person to ride the Davis Double (2/1 until 4/30).
- $50/person to ride the 100 or 43 Mile (2/1 until 4/30).
- $150/person to ride the Davis Double (5/1 until 5/14).
- $55/person to ride the 100 or 43 Mile (5/1 until 5/14).
- $175/person to ride the Davis Double (5/15 until 5/20).
- $75/person to ride the 100 or 43 Mile (5/15 until 5/20).
- What's included for the price of registration?
- The registration price includes (1) entry to the Davis Double or shorter rides, (2) a Davis Double T-shirt, (3) a post-ride dinner Saturday night, and (4) all applicable sales tax included.
- Is there a Pre-Ride Dinner?
- Can I register the day of the ride?
- The Double Century registration is limited to 1,000 riders and the shorter rides have similar limits. If a ride is not full, you may register for it during the check-in times listed above in each ride description.
- We can accept cash, checks, or credit cards for all registrations after May 14.
- When do I get my rider number?
- Rider numbers will be assigned after online registration closes.
- You do not need your rider number to check in.
- Can I transfer my registration to another rider?
- Yes. All rider transfers need to be arranged through the DC Registration Coordinator, and must be requested by 6:00 pm Sunday, May 14, 2017.
- Are there any refunds?
- No. This ride goes rain or shine. There are no refunds given for any reason.
- How do I order a jersey?