LAST UPDATED: AUGUST 20, 2014
TimeYourRace ("TimeYourRace," "us", "we" or "our") value your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. TimeYourRace is a provider online registration, race timing and race scoring solutions. Using our services, you'll be able to learn about upcoming races or events, and, in some circumstances, to register for those events. Our services may also be used by organizations to provide you the ability to take certain actions. For example, we may create or host websites on the behalf of others that allow you to, among other things, sign-up to volunteer, buy merchandise, etc.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND WHY?
The information we collect from you allows you to use our Services; and register for events, contests, camps, licenses, classes, tickets, facility/equipment use, transactions, sales, memberships, reservations, donations, and/or activities (collectively, "Events").
Individuals and agents of individuals may provide us information directly or indirectly by registering for an Event or by otherwise using our Services (these individuals are referred to as "Consumers"). For example, you may enter your information in order to register for an Event, or someone who has organized a team may enter your information on your behalf to register your entire team.
Information We Collect Directly From You.
Account Information for our Site. You may browse our Site without creating an online account or providing us with your information, but to use certain features or to register for an Event, you will need to provide us with information. When you register for an Event, we may ask you to provide the following:
- Your first and last name;
- Your email address;
- Your date of birth;
- Information about your activities and interests;
- Other profile data, such as contact information, occupation, and gender;
- Your physical activities or similar health related information (how long you exercised, caloric intake or weight lost);
- The contact of information of a friend (for emergency contact information);
- Payment information, such as credit card or financial account numbers (if applicable).
Information We Collect Automatically.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information that we gather about you for the following purposes:
- To provide our Services to you, to communicate with you about your use of our Services and for other customer service purposes;
- To provide information that you have requested to receive from us in response to your opt-in requests;
- To provide our Services at the request of our Clients;
- To administer Events;
- To provide and post results of Events;
- or marketing and advertising purposes; for example, we may use your information to send targeted emails to you;
- To send you email, follow-up questions about your Event or your participation in an Event, news and newsletters, promotions, and/or invitations to visit the Site;
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, and for other research purposes.
WHEN AND HOW DOES TIMEYOURRACE SHARE INFORMATION IT RECEIVES?
We may share your information for the following reasons:
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the acquiring company. You acknowledge and agree that any successor to or acquiror of TimeYourRace will continue to have the right to use your information in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order or other legal process, such as in response to a subpoena.
- Aggregate and Anonymized Information. We may share aggregate or anonymized information about Customers with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes. For example, if we display advertisements on behalf of a third party, we may share aggregate, demographic information with that third party about the Customers to whom we displayed the advertisements.
Third Party Applications.
Third party applications, such as the Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, or Google buttons, may be available on our Site. The owners or providers of those third party applications may collect personally identifiable information from you. Their collection of information is bound by their own information collection policies and practices. Your interactions with third party applications on our Site may be shared with others within your social network. We are not responsible for the collection and use of your information by third parties.
Third Party Links.
At times, our Site may contain links to other third party websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but, instead, is governed by the privacy policies of those third party websites, and we are not responsible for the information practices of such third party websites.
HOW SECURE IS INFORMATION ABOUT ME?
We have implemented commercially reasonable precautions, including, where appropriate, encryption, and secure socket layering to protect our Site and the information we collect from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security all of the time. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any of your personal information via the Internet.
CAN I ACCESS AND MODIFY MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If your personal information changes, or if you no longer desire our service, you may correct, update, delete/remove, or ask to have it removed from a public forum or testimonial by contacting us via one of the methods listed in this Policy. We will respond to your request to access within 30 days. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified, or deleted may continue to reside in our systems for a period of time. Also, you may not be able to remove your personal information from archived web pages that we no longer maintain, such as your name and race time from a past Event. In the event we are unable to complete your access request, we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
If your information has been collected on behalf of a Client, then that third party has received their own copy of your data. If you have been contacted by one of these third parties, or one of our Clients, and wish to correct or request they delete your information, please contact them directly.
WHAT CHOICES DO I HAVE REGARDING MY INFORMATION?
TimeYourRace may send you emails from time-to-time, for example, to let you know about other events you may be interested in. If, at any time, you would like to stop receiving information from us, you may follow the opt-out instructions contained in any such e-mail.
If you opt-out of receiving emails or promotions from us, we still may send you e-mails about any Services you have requested or received from us, or for other customer services purposes. In addition, you may still receive emails sent by our Clients through means other than our system. Further, if you opt out of receiving information related to a particular Event, you will still receive TimeYourRace communications and communications from other organizers whose Events you have attended or are registered to attend or who have otherwise obtained your email address. So you may have to unsubscribe from multiple emails before you stop receiving all communications related to Events for which you registered through our Services.
Even after you opt out of all communications, we will retain your information in accordance with this Policy, however, we will no longer use it to contact you. However, our Clients who have received your information in accordance with this Policy may still use that information to contact you in accordance with their own privacy policies, but they may not use our system to do so.
CONSENT TO TRANSFER INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES
If you are located outside of the United States, please note that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using our Site, you consent to the transfer and processing of your information in countries which may not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area. Your consent is voluntary. If, however, you do not consent, then we may not be able to provide you with our Services.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you are registering for an Event with a government entity, we may be restricted by law or contract from transferring your information outside of the particular jurisdiction in which that government entity resides.
Your use of our Site or Services, as well as any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy.
SPECIAL INFORMATION FOR CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
California "Shine the Light" Request. California residents may request a list of all third parties to which TimeYourRace has disclosed certain personally identifiable information about you for marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for your response. You may request this information in writing by contacting us at:
2201 Francisco Drive
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
Phone: (916) 905-0965
California Do Not Track Disclosures. For information on our online tracking practices please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
We may change this Policy from time to time, so be sure to check back periodically. If we make any changes to this Policy that materially affect our practices with regard to the personal information we have previously collected from you, we will endeavor to notify you in advance of such change, by highlighting the change on the Site or by sending an email to you at the email address that you have registered with us. Your continued use of the Services after any changes or revisions to this Policy will indicate your agreement with the terms of the revised Policy.